Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Apple Crisp

Yesterday, Steve came home with a huge bag of beautiful green apples. Immediately my mind jumped to my one of my favorite fall desserts. Apple cobbler.

I thought out loud,"Do we have oatmeal? Yep! Do we have brown sugar? Yep! Do we have nutmeg? Yep! (all special ingredients sent from the States) I'll make Apple Cobbler!"

...a sad pause...

"But wait, we don't have an oven!" (Our only oven is wood burning, and it's not cold enough yet!)

Well, since I can't have any, I thought you could. I love this recipe from Betty Crocker...it's quick, easy, and delicious!!

Apple Crisp


4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg (I only use 1/4 tsp)

1. Heat oven to 375. Grease bottom and sides of pan.
2. Spread apples in pan. Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over apples.
3. Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender.

Ju befte mire!!

1 comment:

Jamie and James said...

I'll try it for you... thanks for the recipe! Blackberries have suddenly shown up in Turkey, so for now we're enjoying blackberry cobbler, but when they're gone you're apple crisp will be next on my list!