Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Inside Scoop

"Wow!!" "Praise God" "You're so lucky!!" "You must feel so blessed!"

Now these are exclamations you might expect when telling somebody great news, but these are the responses I get when I've told people about my appendicitis while I was in America!!

And although I find some humor in this, all of my well wishers have been absolutely right!

Here's something you may or may not know about me...I am terrified of doctors(dentists included!) and being in Albania has heightened that fear for me (I have heard HORROR stories about the hospitals here!!) Going to the hospital in this country is an absolute last resort for me, and praise God, I have not yet had to do this. Should anything serious ever happen to myself or Steve, we'd bum a ride to St. Luke's hospital in Thessaloniki, Greece about 3.5 hours away. Anyways, long story short...had I been in Albania, I would not have gone to the doctors, and if I did, by the time I would have made it to the hospital, for sure the appendix would have ruptured (apparently, I only a had a few hours before bursting).

So yes, I am INCREDIBLY grateful for my appendicitis in AMERICA! I am still praising God for this provision!

The entire process was quick and painless (with the exception of the appendicitis part). And, as proof of my former organ...I have pictures!!! People say that when you give birth, all modesty is thrown out the window...well, the same is true of appendicitis, because as I awoke from my surgery, all of my hospital visitors were looking at pictures of my insides...ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus included! And seeing as I only have about 5 blog readers, I might as well share the "inside scoop" with the rest of you too! Enjoy!


2 comments:

Amber said...

Gosh darn it, after all the trouble I went through not to see this, you got me on the downscroll! ARGH!!!

Unknown said...

cooool ; )